Co-ordination of packaged plants delivers operational efficiency
The client required a plant control system to enable the plant to be run from a central control room with two operators, providing maximum efficiency.
Our client provides safe disposal of household and hazardous waste. The processing plant produces energy which feeds into the national grid. The plant was one of the first in the U.K and was designed to operate 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.
The client required a plant control system to enable the plant to be run from a central control room with two operators, providing maximum efficiency. The process control covers 8 separate functional areas and multiple packaged plant suppliers: Gasification, Boiler, Steam Turbine, Flue Clean Up & Monitoring and Services.
- Provision of Plant Wide SCADA.
- Implementation of Programmable Logic Controller for Control of Cooling Towers.
- Development of Package plant suppliers’ standards.
- Motor Control Centre design and build.
- Supply of hardware and configuration of the software for safety PLC’s.
- Project management.
- Ownership of design and build of plant control system.
- Development of standardisation for packaged plant components ensuring consistent maintainability and fault finding.
- Future proofing with built in additional capacity across the systems.
- Electrical Installation.
Value Added by Boulting
- The project ran to time and budget due to professional project management.
- Development of Plant simulator software for scenario testing meant minimal site implementation time.
- Liaison on behalf of client with packaged plant suppliers provided a low risk integration and operation of processes
- Established relationship and expertise with packaged plant suppliers ensured objectives met.